DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
-1.00) APPLICANT INFORMATION
- Why would you like to become a Sergeant?
- I would like to become a Sergeant because it has always been my goal to get into a Commanding role at DOC, and this is a great stepping stone towards that goal. I believe as a Sergeant I could help out more around the prison and pass down the knowledge I have at DOC to the Correctional Officers to make it as safe of a place to work as possible. I would also like to become a Sergeant to conduct more training for the CO's as I would have access to more vehicles to partake in PIT/HIT trainings. Lastly, I have a lot of dedication and work hard in my job and this will transfer over greatly to the STP.
- How could you help the Department of Corrections as a Sergeant?
- I could help the Department of Corrections by conducting lots of Training and training courses for the Correctional Officers. I would be someone they can turn to whenever they don't know what to do, or if they need insight on how to do stuff better. I also have good people skills, and know how to do my tasks efficiently which I can teach to the newer officers in the prison. I'm also respectful with all of the prisoners, bringing a good name to the Department of Corrections while also gaining the respect of people coming in and out of the prison. I believe this makes them less likely to start any issues with the guards on duty, and makes the prison work more smoothly and efficiently.
- APPLICANT SIGNATURE: Jacob Jay
- DATE: 5/SEP/2021