DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
-1.00) APPLICANT INFORMATION
- Why would you like to become a Sergeant?
- I would love to become a Sergeant as I have years of experience in supervisory positions, in addition to command positions. The majority of my experience stems from being a Lead Paramedic (Equivalent to the supervisors' supervisor) for over a year. As the Lead Paramedic of LSES, my role was to oversee the the supervision of Paramedics (Supervisor), Senior Paramedics (Senior Supervisors) in addition to the entire departments 30+ EMT's. The Lead Paramedic role was implemented as the highest supervisory position, however I also attended all weekly command meetings, with notes on each and every supervisor & EMT. Due to my position, it meant my duties involved heavy supervision of multiple divisions and personell, including being the CO of Air Rescue. I want to be able to assist the DOC wiith any and all tasks as I have years of experience managing groups and as I am currently unable to assist much due to my rank, I would love to progress further.
- How could you help the Department of Corrections as a Sergeant?
- I believe that I have the skillset and extensive experience that would allow me to perform supervisory roles with ease and efficiency. As a Sergeant I can assist in many aspects, from personnel management to frequent performance reports on all CO's. In addition to this I am farmiliar with internal disputes between colleagues, which I put to practice by conferring with my colleagues, seeking methods to mend relationships between colleagues, which in-turn allows for a positive working environment. In addition to this I have held a command & high command position for quite some time, and I believe that the STP is the next stepping stone for me, so that I can assist the DOC further in the future. You can expect frequent briefings and performance reports from me regularly, including all aspects of the STP.
- APPLICANT SIGNATURE: Steve Arby
- DATE: 21/JAN/2021